Besides first necessity items (canned food, milk powder, sugar, instant coffee, personal hygiene articles, blankets, toilet paper, dog food, etc.), please note that the following emergency supplies and equipment are a priority for the victims of the earthquake:
- Large tents (for several people);
- Mobile Environmental friendly toilets and kitchenettes;
- Mobile Power Plants;
- Water Purifiers;
- Suede gloves
- Camp beds
- Baby formula
- Disposable plates, cups and cutlery
Please find below the collection centers that the Mexican Government has established in the state of Baja California:
The Mexican Consulate is also aware of community efforts that have created collection centers in the San Diego region. Those are:
Other fundraising efforts for Mexico are the following:
- Borderless Dine & Wine, A percentage of proceeds will be donated to Cruz Roja Mexicana to support Mexico Earthquake Relief: http://www.westgatehotel.com/events-promotions/special-events/borderless-wine-and-dine-event
- Salvador Candia: Herencia Hispana Festival & Parade – October 15th (Donation Center): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1420030301450625&set=a.466282560158742.1073741833.100003310058369&type=3&theater
- Specialty Produce, Collection Warehouse Monday–Sunday to 6am to 6pm, and Coronado Marriot Monday–Sunday to 6am to 8pm: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZb7ed3AOnp/
- International Community Fund: https://donate.icfdn.org/npo/international-disaster-relief-mexico-city-puebla-morelos. Contacto: [email protected], 619-336-2254.
- San Diego Unified School District Concert for the victims: September 30, 2017, 12-3 PM: [email protected]
Other useful information:
· Centro de Información y Asistencia a Mexicanos (CIAM) 24/7 Call center: 1-855-4636-395
International donations for Mexico are received through the Mexican Red Cross at: www.cruzrojadonaciones.org
- Access the website and follow the information to create a new account
- Enter the credit card information or through a PAYPAL account (the amount is in Mexican Pesos MXN) and then select the cause: “SISMO 19/09/17
- Website confirms that the transaction was successful and issues a receipt.
Cruz Roja Mexicana Account. BANCOMER: 0404040406 CLABE: 012180004040404062, to: CRUZ ROJA MEXICANA I.A.P.
For information regarding US nationals that were in Mexico at the time of the earthquake, please call:
- Phone number: 202.501.4444
- Toll free number 1.888.407.47.47
- Website: www.travel.state.gov
If you have questions, please contact the Community Affairs Department at: 619-308-9933, 619-308-9911 or 619-308-9925 or [email protected]. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HELPING MEXICO!!!